Thursday, October 28, 2021

Extreme Tip Toeing Before the Leap

 




As a kid I used to use extreme stealth when coming in the door from school.  I turned invisible.  I made it to my room most afternoons and hid under my bed.   I did not wake the sleeping dragon.  Usually this would work, and my dad would be home by 6 pm.  Some days it was not safe to emerge if my parents were fighting.  Some days dinner was not a safe time either.  A plate of spaghetti might miss my head as it flew and hit the wall.  Those were the nights that I might have a bronchial attack and have to go to the hospital.   My pediatrician was very nice.   He would ask the nurses to comb my hair and pin it back.  He could see into my soul.   I just kept working on being more invisible and I did not have a real self.  

There are times I still hide and pretend to be someone else.  This is actually a joyful piece.  I overcame a hurdle today.  I felt queasy as I listened to a tape recording of myself.  I was being asked some very challenging questions by a judge. My whole personality shrunk into a wispy thing.  I was struggling and stuttering and quite pathetic.  Then something magical happened I opened and said, I have a mental health diagnosis.  I had a very traumatic childhood.   Sometimes it is hard to explain to others what made me do something or what I was thinking at that time. 

The only thing is this:  I said it to myself, and the recording was several years ago.  It was still a profound experience.  I was so clear and unapologetic.  I was full of self-appreciation.  I fully forgave myself and gave myself a hero’s badge for living through all those tough years.  And most of all I was being my own advocate. 

Bashar, channeled by Darryl Anka, has a story to illustrate what I went through today.  He calls it the rubber band effect. When you put a rubber band around your wrist and pull it back to the maximum stretch, and let it go…ouch.  That impact could be also like a slingshot or wrist rocket.  The release will travel much further into the light from the darkness.   I did that.  I slung myself into the bright and knowing part of me.  In the contrast I could see the powerless me and the Huge me calling all the shots. 

Lately I have been unable to blog feeling timid about my upcoming trial.  After today I know I can face the others and tell my truth.  That is quite a victory.   I will keep you all posted. 

Nancy age five



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ledgend of the White Buffalo Calf Woman

  Legend of the White Buffalo Sioux (Lakota) The White Buffalo are sacred to many Native Americans. The Lakota (Sioux) Nation has passed...