Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco de Mayo.Celebrate Each Day the Abraham Way!



There is a place where someone has almost tagged each calendar day as a Holiday.  I looked up my birthday and it is designated as National Camera Day.  I think that is lovely but not exciting to me.

What about a day called "Random Acts of Kindness Day?"  Cool enough.

Lately, there have been some difficult days for me, emotionally and physically.  I imagine calling that day, "I survived it" day.  I think sometimes that is enough.  Take a little Victory Lap around the house and say...don't know why it was a crappy day, it is over, I will let it go...tomorrow will seem brighter.

Allow.  It is often hard to understand the concept of allowing.  I once heard someone describe it this way:

There is a man walking a tight rope a story up from the ground.  A lovely dove flies by and he tries to touch it, almost loosing his balance.  Then a raven flies close to him and he almost loses his balance pushing it away! The balance lies in accepting the gift and experience that comes toward you without losing your balance.  We hold on or try to push things away.

What would I call today?  I think I would call it Amazing Grace Day!  Many things had the potential to go all wrong.  I did some segment intending this AM.  Then someone I know and love called me an "asshole".  I could have let that settle in and take over my emotional state.  I just walked outside.  I took a 10 minute walk.  I remember what Abraham Hicks said about the behavior of others.  The anger and criticize of others 99% of the time is not even about you...it is about them.  It is a private war within of discontent and frustration.  You can seldom change someones perspective in the moment they are most upset, pinched off and out of balance.  There might be a healing conversation later when they are in a better and more receptive state. 

Amazing Grace is so perfect.  I went on to accomplish some goals and at the moment feel pretty good about myself. 

I think I will think of some more really good ways to celebrate and tag my days.  They all matter to me.

PS.  This same loved one threw away my lap top.  He is having a hard time.  I am missing blogging so much and it is sheer therapy.  I found a way. 

I can celebrate "I get to Friggin Blog Day"  no matter what. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ledgend of the White Buffalo Calf Woman

  Legend of the White Buffalo Sioux (Lakota) The White Buffalo are sacred to many Native Americans. The Lakota (Sioux) Nation has passed...