Friday, October 26, 2012

Sex and Solutions for Monkey Minds


Sex and Solutions for Monkey Minds
(so many pictures, He picked this one)

Sai Baba used to say some of us have “monkey minds” and that is different than mere libido.  I was a Sai Baba devotee for many years and Baba is still in my heart.  I will always love Sai Baba. Monkey Minds: Usually he was referring to the short attention span of some people.  They jump from subject to subject. If you read my blog then you know I can have a similar tendency.  Eastern religion is sometimes riddle with mixed sexual moral messages.  Western Religon also has its mixed messages. The Puritans that founded Protestant morals in early America were fighting a constant battle with themselves over pleasures of the flesh.  When it comes to human sexuality there is much confusion for some of those trying to live spiritual lives.  My guides say: Having sex does not interrupt a spiritual path unless there is injury to self and others in the doing of it.  It is not sex itself that is ever a real problem; however, there are certainly problems associated with sex.  Edgar Cayce said it is a sacred act of joining.  Even if people decide to do this joining in a casual way, it is best to leave all parties in a sacred place.  I think of a story with a bride and groom who died shortly after their wedding.  Actually, I was thinking of the newly wedded John F. Kennedy Jr. and his wife Carolyn.  They had only been married a short time when JFK small plane crashed over the ocean while trying to land.  I have always suspected foul play with that.  There was the suspicion that the gas gage was made to look full even when it was not.  It was a short flight and JFK was an experienced pilot.  I cried all over again about his death as well as his marvelous Father’s. Gone but not forgotten.

 Getting back to the point at hand, the duration of a romance the honey moon cut short as it were, does not diminish the sacred act of a man and women coming together in a glorious union.  This union might even produce a little one.  There could be nothing more sacred in this world.  So why is everyone so afraid to discuss this subject?  Where do all those “dirty” feelings come from.  Why do we blush and avoid this area of discussion with our teen agers?  And most importantly why do parents fear sex education for their kids?  There is so much research now that suggests that open and robust conversation is one of the best deterrents of premarital pregnancy and any issues that might arise around that. 

 I remember my father was uncomfortable talking about this but he was forced into “the talk” one evening when I came home from a date.  I was telling him that I almost lost control of my body during this date and that I was not even that fond of the young man I went out with.  My father decided it was not in my best interests to be unaware of erogenous zones and hormones.  With teenagers they often have a head full of sexual myths.  My myth was a piece of shared wisdom with other teen age girls.  Keep all activity above the waist on your first date.  I can’t believe that was what I believed and how it almost cost me my virginity.  Virginity must be lost at some time and hopefully it is when the road ahead looks like a smooth placid one, with no broken hearts emerging.   Notice I did not say on one’s marriage night.  Each can believe what they wish but marriage is a big commitment and looking back I don’t think marriage vows should have anything to do with romance or sex. Perhaps that is why parents arrange marriages in other parts of the world.  There is so much to consider.  If a couple wishes to begin a family they are stepping into an area of great responsibility and an enduring parenting partnership.  Be sure that you really like this person and trust them for they will be in your life for a very long time.  Romance may come and go. 

And with romance it changes over time.  I don’t believe in force with sex.  That means even in the marriage chamber, there should be no force.  Joy is all that should be exchanged with this sacred union.  There are methods of birth control and every teen should be able to access birth control.  This type of education saves lives.  No one can predict romance, and if it stays for a very long time that is wonderful, and if not then wave good bye to what will become a cherished memory.  Either way it is a blessing.  There are many ways that sex can be a tool of manipulation by either party.  I think knowing how to avoid that sort of manipulation should be part of a sex education health class.  Your body is your own and your heart needs protection sometimes too.  No form of birth control is perfect and if pregnancy does occur I hope it is viewed as the gift it really is.  Life in bloom should never be a sad and or tragic experience.  With enough well rounded education we hope that no baby is ever considered an accident. 

There are volumes of books on human sexuality and yet it remains a mystery, a portal to creation and sanctuary, a bond that is sometimes unbreakable and an avenue of enduring joy.  Perhaps we never will completely have it all mapped out.  There are some unknowns to discover.  Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ledgend of the White Buffalo Calf Woman

  Legend of the White Buffalo Sioux (Lakota) The White Buffalo are sacred to many Native Americans. The Lakota (Sioux) Nation has passed...